Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Silly Power of Suggestion

Last week on Friday my company brought in a chiropractor with a massage therapist. It was very fun the have a free 20 min massage although a little painful as well. It was sad when after 20 min the doctor told her to stop and she said she had only finished 1/3 of my back. So I went ahead and scheduled the follow up visit with the doctor for yesterday. I went in and they checked my range of motion which was limited on my left side. This was interesting to me b/c I had surgery on my right shoulder in HS so I assumed that would be the bad side but I guess I over compensated and therefore messed up my left side. Anyway then we moved on to X-rays of my lower back and neck.

Today I went back in to look at my X-rays. WOW!!!! My neck is straight line - this is bad! Our neck is supposed have about a 40 degree angle toward the back. Luckily I am at stage one of damage which means it is completely reversible back to normal position and function. If I let it go too much longer my bones will start to fuse together and I will lose function in my neck. That is even scarier. So now I will begin my regimen of three visits a week for 8 weeks including traction as well as adjustments and some massage therapy. Luckily I think my insurance will cover most but this is still going to cost about $90 a week.

My lower back was not so bad except that my right hip is lower than my left hip. Note to all parents - Balance the sides you carry your kids on. I totally carry Reese on my right most of the time and now my spine is misaligned. That is alot more minimal than my neck. Seriously those X-ray's scared me.

So I will keep updating during my progress. I have my 1st appt tomorrow which is good. My neck and back were kinda bothering me lately. Ever since I looked at those X-rays I have had throbbing pain through my neck and back. Stupid power of suggestion :-(

Funny Reese story: Last night after Mat left I went up to bed but, like every night, before I go to bed I always go into her room to check on her. Well she had apparently fell off the bed and was on the floor. So I picked her up and put her back in bed. A few minutes later I heard a knock on her door. She had been losing her voice before she went to bed so in a very scratchy voice she asked "may I have orange juice please" I told her to get back in bed while I went to get her juice. I brought it into her and asked her if she needed anything else. Again in a scratchy voice she says "Need to say Amens" We had forgotten to pray when I put her down before. So I start our prayer which I say first and she repeats "Dear God (pause), Thank you for Mommy (pause), Thank you for Grammy (pause), Thank you for Grandad (pause)" I then said "Thank you for loving me" and Reese says "No Mommy you forgot Mat. Thank you for Mat" It was very cute. And then of course then we finished the rest of her prayer.

No comments: