Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I knew it was too good to be true

Ok so Jonathan did receive his child support papers about having to go to court. Whether or not he shows up. . . who knows but it's not till end of August anyway. This title is in reference to the name cahnge thing.

I just the court website. Back on May 9th the judge signed the papers saying the posting of the request could be made. I think I've explained before but as a refresher a notice saying I want to change Reese's name has to be posted for 30 days in the court house with no contention before it goes to the next step. So silly me though "well if the judge signed it on the 9th of May it's now the 9th of June it's been 30 days and we should be going before the judge soon. But no, that would be too easy. Instead yesterday the notice filed and given to the Sheriff to post. For anyone not familiar with the Rockville courthouse the courtrooms are on the floor above the Sherrifs office. It's not even across the street. Why it took a month to go from the judge saying "Yup you can post this" to actually being put in the sherrfis box I don't know. And of course this is only the notice being delivered. it doesn't actually say it has been posted yet.

I guess the party will be delayed a little longer :-(

Reese story: It is so fun to me to watch Reese try to be like me and her teacher. While we drive in the car she will take her doll Amy and put her in time out. She knows the exact phrases I say whe she goes into and out of time out. Sometimes Amy even is bad in time out and Reese now's how to put in back in. It's frustratinly funny though b/c obviously she knows how time out should work but she doesn't do it herself. She has also started telling Amy "you know the rules" and "That's a no-no" which I guess comes from school

No comments: