Monday, June 9, 2008

Cross your fingers

So I just got off the phone with Sgt Rodriguez of the Montgomery County Deputy's Office who was verifying Jonathan's address to serve him contempt paperwork for child support. I haven't talked to him in a few weeks so I hope he is still in MD and hasn't run to hide in VA again like he did last time. There are 4 other warrants out for him for various things. In Montgomery County all court records are public record so I can access the files through the web and see anything that has been filed against him or anyone else ;-) So they are only serving him w/ the child support order today I think. Then he will get the rest when he appears in court for that.

I just spoke to the child support people and even if he starts paying his support again he will still have to go to court in August which makes me very happy. Last time he was in contempt he started paying and they canceled the case.

Honestly things are going well now and I don't really need his support money but it would be nice. It would be something to put in a college fund for Reese or take a vacation. They have some awesome programs at her school that I would love to enroll her in the help her start doing Math and Reading but I can't afford them on my budget right now (an extra $175 a month).

The one plus to this is that the more Jonathan messes up the easier it will actually make my life in the future. I really hope to get married someday (I even have a boyfriend now so at least I made it to step 1 for that process ;-) ) and when I get married I would love for my husband to adopt Reese. With the amount that he has been involved in her life so far Jonathan really has never been a father, more like an uncle. Who ever I marry would be providing for her, loving her, and raising her so why shouldn't he legally get to call her his child. I will still tell Reese about Jonathan and let her see him if she wants to.

On a side note today is the last day in the posting of Reese's name change. That means that hopefully sometime next week it will get placed on the judges docket for review. I have no idea how long the wait is for the judge but at least I am one step closer. Since he didn't object during the 30 day period I don't think he has any more chances to change the decision. I will be having a party to celebrate when it happens.

OK Reese story: Yesterday we went over to help Mat (my bf) paint his room and he actually really let her help. It was so cute b/c at first he helped her paint around the trim where the tape was, then we just let her go at it. We gave her a brush and helped her put paint on it and off she went. We only let her paint on the white areas b/c if she went over where we had already painted blue she tended to take the paint off. She also painted Mat's legs a little bit, and at one point backed right into the wall with her butt (Yes Hillary I know I did the same thing at your house). Anyway it was so fun, I really need to start carrying my camera everywhere I go. If anyone needs help painting Reese will work for Hot Dogs or Gummy Bears.

No comments: