Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The beach



Well we made it home from the beach. It was just as awesome as last year, possibly better since Reese was older. We stayed in the exact same house as we stayed in last time which was 3/4 of a mile walk to the beach. I love the community we stay in. It's called Sea Colony (serioulsy I should get a discount for how many people I tell about it ;-) )



Next year, however, Mat will be joining us so we'll need a three bedroom place (He get's his own room lucky him). We found one even closer to the beach and cheaper than where we were so that is exciting.



Reese got to swim in the ocean and she learned to swim by herself in the pool (w/ a floaty vest on). By the end of the week not only was she going 2-3 feet on her own but she was spinning in circles as well.















We also went to this awesome brewery called Dogfish Head out in Dewey. Thier beer is really good and the whole process they use is very eco-friendly :-) yes Hillary that is my Pampered Chef bag w/ me (unfortunately more people wanted beer instead of kitchen toys)
















Besides swimming Reese had fun playing on the swing sets that are on the beach as well as in the fountain at the marketplace which is 1/2 way btwn our house and the beach. It's where we walk every morning for coffee but there a bunch of other stores and resturants there as well.




As you can see Reese had an awesome time and went to bed very easily b/c she was so tired from playing all day. In the picture is her new puppy Duncan. Named after her favorite puppy at Mat's house. It was very cute when she picked him out. He went everywhere with us the whole trip.





Funny Post beach Reese Story: I bought Salt Water Taffy and decided to let Reese try some. We happened to be watching Monster's Inc togther (her 1st time seeing it) so I let her eat a whole piece and then I hid the box away. A few min later she says she wants more Caffy. I say "I've created a monster" and she replies "I not a Monster, I a Reese-E Cup"

1 comment:

Anne and Brian said...

i LOVE dogfish head... just a FYI, there is one near where i used to live in VA. maybe you can go there with Jon and Elaine sometime! :)