Sunday, March 30, 2008

So my Dad just got off the phone with my Aunt (his sister) and found out my Uncle has cancer. It is inopperable and he has about 4 weeks to live. He just suddenly wasn't feeling well and went to see the doctor and after many many tests they came back with the diagnosis. My dad doesn't know what kind of cancer it is, my uncle will see another doctor on Monday to get more details. This is totally a shock for the family. Uncle John is the happiest most cheerufl person I have ever been around. His smiles light up a room.

Hillary is in GA right now to be with her father during his cancer battle and I have so much repsect and love for her during this time. Finding out about my UNcle brings up the age old debate. Is it better to know you are sick for a long time and have time to spend with your family and do things you wanted to do although it may mean you suffer at the end or is better to have things be short so you and your family don't suffer as much. Of course there is still the chance that he will suffer. The cancer is inopperable because it has already spread through his entire body.

I ask everyone to pray for my aunt, my cousins, the 3 grandchildren, and my Uncles mother who is still alive b/c no mother should ever have to bury thier child.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Clare. I will pray for comfort for the whole family, and I will pray that he is as painfree as can be. I know how hard it is to watch someone suffer through such a horrid disease.