Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Uncle Update

So my parents spoke to my cousin today. My uncle is doing very badly. The cancer is in his stomach, lungs, esophogus, and bones. He can barely drink water to take his meds. We don't know if he has an IV for meds. They are transporting him from Ohio back to his home in Pittsburg by Ambulance and then he will be at home w/ hospice care. He has a morphne pump for the pain. My Mom and Dad were going to go up next weekend but they don't know if he will last that long so they might go this weekend instead.

As I said before it's a blessing and a curse that it is progressing this fast. I am happy he is not going to suffer for to long but I am still in shock about the whole thing. I think by the time it really hits me that he is sick I will be at his funeral.

3 comments:

Hillary Pennington said...

oh Clare baby! Still trying to be my SWF, huh? Okay, bad joke. As I hold back the tears, I want you know that I will lift up you and your family in my prayers. I wish I had something profound to say, but I don't. I can only tell you that I love you and wish I could be there to hold your hand.

Hillary Pennington said...

Also, feel free to call me anytime. I welcome the distraction. We can cry together in high pitch, barely understandable words. It'll be fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Clare....We'll be praying for you all!