Friday, April 4, 2008

RIP John Christian

My dad just told me that my Uncle John passed away last night. My parents had ben thinking about going up this weekend but felt it in thier hearts to go sooner so they saw him yesterday. They said he was basically in a coma and barely responded to thier voices. As I've said before it is a blessing he did not suffer long. His first scan was March 17th and he was even fully diagnosed until a few days after that.

It's hard for me to process my feelings. My family is close but still we only saw my dad's family maybe once a year, lately even less since they've been spending more time in SC that PA. So I know he's gone but I don't think I will really feel it until his funeral. My Aunt and him had been trying to sell thier house and move to SC where thier daughter and her family as well as my Dad's step-mom live. So I'm sure this will advance those plans more since Aunt Ellen will not want to stay in PA alone.

Thank you to everyone for your kind prayers. I will update to when the furneral is going to be. Reese is only 2 yet this will be her second furneral. I am glad she is too young to really process what is going on b/c I'm not ready to talk about death with her. My cousin does not have that liberty. Thier daughter Hayley is 5. She adores grandpa John and will be devestated to know she will never see him again. Also as I mentioned Uncle John's mother is still alive. At 90 yrs old dealing with the thought of buring your son cannot be easy.

Please pray for my cousin and my Aunt that they will know Uncle John is in heaven feeling no pain and bringing joy to everyone there with his deep laugh, huge smile, and kind heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Clare! I hope that your family can find some peace in knowing he is no longer in pain. At the same time it really sucks to loose someone you love, especially so suddenly. I hope the girls will be able to somewhat understand what is going on. Let us know if you need anything! We'll be praying for you all!