Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Blog Storm's a Comin

Wow I have soo much to write about. Maybe during nap time I'll crank a few out. However I had to write about the funny stuff that just happened right now.

My little girl is becoming WAY too independant. While I was checking email she came and asked me if she could have some cereal while holding a box of Shredded Wheat. I said sure, figuring she'd plop down on the floor and grab a handful out of the box. Next thing I know I hear the fridge being opened. I run to the kitchen to see what's going on.

Reese had climbed onto the counter, gotten down a bowl, filled it w/ cereal (without spilling any on the floor) and was now getting the milk out to add. Luckily the milk was almost empty so w/ supervision I let her pour it in. Then she grabbed a spoon and sat down at the table to eat.

Back to the computer I go and a few minutes later I see Reese walking to me with a carton of OJ. This morning she had asked for OJ but since there was none upstairs and I didn't feel like getting any from the basement I told her she was having apple juice. So where did the OJ come from?? She had gone downstairs, opened the fridge there, gotten out OJ, and brought it upstairs to me. She's done this a few times and it's pretty helpful if I am feeling lazy so it was cute. She puts the OJ down and then walks up to me with a full 1/2 gallon of milk. Apparently she had brough both upstairs. That's some arm strength for a 3 yr old.

But the cuteness doesn't end yet. Since she had brought a gallon or each upstairs she new that the basment now had less of each. So she promptly grabbed a dry erase marker and her stool. If she new how to spell she would have written Milk and OJ on the shopping list board. But instead she asked me too. while I'm writing she hops up on the counter again, gets me a bowl, fills it with cereal, and says now I can have cereal and OJ with her.

So much cuteness how could I not sit down and have a snack with her :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

aww i always miss all the fun moments ;(