Wednesday, January 21, 2009

This wasn't on the Mommy Application

Ok really it was b/c everyone knows part of being a parent is cleaning up the grossness. It starts as soon as they are born cause those 1st dirty diapers are the grossest things you've ever sen or smelled. And spit-up yeah I cut my hair from past my shoulders to chin length b/c Reese spit up in my hair so often I had to wash it twice a day. And I can still here Anne saying - that's what burp cloths are for. I think I'll buy her like 50 as a shower present just for that.

So dirty diapers and spit-up are super gross. And then it happens . . . you're child pukes for the first time. My first time was actually over a year ago but I was somewhat lucky. It happened in bed so I stripped off her PJ's threw them on the bed, grabbed the sheets by their corners and carried it all down to the machine in one nice stinky package.

Yesterday I was not so lucky. Reese was complaining the whole way home of a tummy ache. We were about 1 mile from home when suddenly Reese coughed a few times and out it came. All over her coat and seat. At that moment I was sooo glad for the eddie bauer seat protector under her car seat. But that happiness quickly faded as more puke came out and this time she turned her head b/c she was so upset. I drive as quickly as I could to get home got her inside and in the tub. Once she was clean she was back to her happy self. She didn't eat much dinner and went to bed 1/2 an hour early but she appeared to be feeling better.

I however didn't get to go to bed. Instead of my easy picking up the corners of the sheets I had to clean puke from my car. It was on the carpet, btwn the sheets, everywhere. And of course it was dark and there was snow on the ground so it was a bit cold. I guess the cold was good b/c in heat the smell is even worse. But it was not a fun job.

We woke up this morning and she said she felt better. I was ready to take her to school so I could get some work done. I am the only member of my team who's been in the office for almost a week so doing 3 peoples worth of work has kept me busy. Reese was sitting on my lap putting on her shoes when suddenly she said "Mommy I'm going pee-pee on your leg" This semed like a funny thing to say since she's well potty trained but sure enough I felt something warm on my leg. It wasn't pee but definately liquid.

So needless to say we stayed home today. A few bouts of "upset tummy poop" as we called it with a pullup on for protection (I don't like scrubbing underware) but we've been good since nap time. So hopefully this was a quick bug. I will say for being sick Reese had 3 times as much energy as normal. Even my mom was amazed I was still functioning after playing with her all day.

We did some home work to take into school tomorrow. She's so proud of her rhyming words picture to give to her teacher. And I am proud of myself for making up some sort of lesson off the fly so we had some structure today.

And now I am heading to bed b/c tomorrow will be a LONG day. But I am meeting with a realtor to start getting more info on buying houses and our options.

No comments: