Sunday, January 18, 2009

Wedding Planning

Since I keep getting asked about the wedding plans I figured I put up a blog about it. Mat and I are pretty sure we found a place. Thanks in HUGE part to Wes Linda who put us in contact with Grey Rock Mansion (he designed their awesome website). We haven't set a date but it's still sometime in Sept or October in 2009.

I'm hoping to start dress shopping in the next few weeks, although I still have lots of weight I want to loose before the wedding so prob won't buy anything now.

I'm having trouble picking bridesmaid dresses. I thought I found a dress I liked but on Anne in MA it didn't look like I though it would. She found a diff dress that we liked but now David's changed their styles. Now I found 3 other dresses I like as well :-( I need to drag Hills out and see them on her. My big dilemmas . . Short or long? Mix and match or 1 dress for everyone? Color . . Apple, Marnie, or Black. The wedding will be in the late afternoon to evening of the fall. Maybe I'll put up a poll.

Flowers - I have thought about doing my own flowers. I watch Martha Stewart do it today on TV so how hard could it be. But the stress of that and trying to do corsages and boutonnieres kinda scares me. Doesn't mean it's not an option, just not my favorite option right now. Diane at Grey Rock gave m the names of 2 florists or suggested going w/ a grocery store which may be an option.

Living arrangements - Mat and I have decided we're moving to Frederick. It will be nice to keep Reese in her same Day Care and we'll save several hundred dollars a month in gas money with me not commuting for work. We're sad to be far away from our friends so if any of them want to pay for my gas we'll consider other towns ;-) Another perk is Frederick has some really great schools and Reese can go to any of them no matter where we live. Since she's enrolled in KinderCare and they have thier own bus, as long as a school isn't full and KinderCare will drop her off and pick her up, she can go there. It's a pretty sweet deal.

Hmm I'm sure there are other details I'm leaving out but I'll try to update more frequently. Right now I know there are things I should do but I feel like I can't do 1/2 until we set a date and the other 1/2 until I pick a dress. Oh well the 1st one will be done in a few weeks I hope, and the second soon after.

2 comments:

Jen @ Rolling Through Looneyville said...

I totally did my flowers and found it much easier than it seemed. you can also get the corsages and boutineers (sp?) made and do the bouquets, which saves a ridiculous amount of money. depending on where you get married, the place might be pretty enough to not need a ton of flowers or any at all. I can tell you how I did it if you're interested! :)

Heather said...

I made corsages and bouts (and my bouquet) for my wedding. It was pretty easy. I'd be happy to show you how to do it (and hook you up with the tons of extra floral wire I have!)
-Heather