Friday, February 13, 2009

Reese's Hannah B-day

Today was Reese's last day at school until I find a new job. Hopefully a new job will be close to Frederick so she can go back b/c I LOVE her school and all her teachers. "Luckily" her last day happened to coincide with her B-day weekend so she could still have her school party to celebrate with her friends.

Reese loves Hannah Montana. I blame myself b/c I like Hannah Montana so I've put it on when we're home at night since she was a baby. Also at school Reese sometimes gets bumped to the PreK classroom and they tend to listen to Disney Artist music in there.

So for Reese's school party I was determined to get her Hannah Montana cupcakes. I checked a couple places that wanted ridiculous amount of money for cupcakes. I even purchased little pics with pictures of Hannah on them and contemplated baking my own because I needed 30 cupcakes to cover all her friends in her 3 different classrooms. Then a teacher recommended I go check out Walmart. I went over on Wed and saw some HSM cupcakes out for sale. I asked the woman behind the counter if they had Hannah Montana decorations and they did - rings and pics with different designs. YAY!!! So I order 36 cupcakes for a grand total of $18 which was much more reasonable than the other quotes I had gotten.

Thursday evening we go to pick up the cupcakes. I noticed all the valentines cupcakes were all marked $3 for a dozen. Now I was thinking if I had risked it and just come in and bought those cupcakes and switched the decorations I could have saved money. Oh well too late now.

After 10 minutes searching through the cooler (it must be huge) the bakery woman brought out Reese's Hannah cupcakes. There were amazing. They had airbrushed them with Pink and Purple (Reese's 2 fav colors) and I think the amount of icing on each one was equal to or more than actual cake. This is very important to children (and adults like me who can eat icing out of a can anytime) The smile on Reese's face was worth the extra money I was going to pay for them. But then I got to the register and . . . they rang up at $3 each. Apparently all cupcakes were on sale, even special order. I almost jumped for joy.

Of course Reese and I had to taste test them after dinner to make sure they were up to par. And yeah they were delicious. I really want to go more for the weekend but then there's that whole diet thing. Walmart does wedding cakes and after tasting the cupcakes I might seriously consider them because it was delicious.

This morning Reese woke up and put on her Hannah shirt from Great Grandma Davis, her Hannah Rockstar ribbon (from me), and her Hannah ring from her cupcake last night. Definitely a Rock Star in training. I even convinced her to let me braid her hair which is an accomplishment for me. I can put my hair in a ponytail and that's about all.

So here are some pics or her this morning as we drove to school. Don't worry we were at a red light when I started snapping.

A small look at my french braiding skills

Never trust a toddler with that look on her face, holding a marker. Luckily her dry erase doodle board was the only victim.

No comments: