Thursday, May 15, 2008

You asked for it

Ok so apparently I suck at this whol keeping my blog updated and serveral people ahve ye4lle at me to update. So this first one will just kida be an update and I'll try to get some more otu there this week cause I do have stuff on my mind. Just been to busy to write it down.

We'll start with school. A few weeks ago I received the horrible news that a class I needed to take in May would not be offered until January. This really sucked since I was supposed to finish the program in December. I called and asked if I could still take all my other classes (including my Capstone which is the final class you have to take to get an MBA). I was informed Capstone would only be offered in the Spring from now on. The decision had been made a year ago but they never told the students. You can imagine how frustrated I was. I went from having 7 months of school to a whole year. Well those of you who know me know I don't keep quite when I'm pissed. I wrote an email to the Dean of the business school and ended up talking on the phone to the Assistant Dean. I was shocked to find out that she had no idea how the MS/MBA program actually worked. I had to explain it to her to show her how the decisions they had made were affecting us. Theywere no longer going to offer classes if less than 10 students signed up. Well if your cohort only had 12 students and a few decide to skip a semester or take a different class instead you are screwed. Anyway after my phone call and I assume some more form other students in the same spot as me the school decied to let us take a class in Columbia instead of Rockville and still get credit. This option didn't work well for everyone but I took it. Communiting from Frederick to Columbia isn't very fun but 6 trips is worth it for me to finish in Decmeber. (the class meets tues, thurs, sat for 3 weeks and one Sat is already canceled). Of course I wouldn't have taken this option if there wasn't the chance that they were going to do something about letting us do the Capstone in the fall. I find out next week but I am 90% sure they wil let the 8 of us do an independant study (still a group project but no teacher and no set class times).

So right now school is looking really good. My negotiations professor is really good and very fun so I will learn alot in his class. My june/july class is only one night a week. And in the fall I will have an online class and this group project. I don;t know what I will do now that I'll actually start having eveneings free! Watch out I may be calling you to schedule a Pampered Chef show. Although 1st I have to call all of Hillary's customers since (tear, tear) she is leaving the business.

ok I rambled alot about school and I do have to do some work today. But I will right more in a bit. For suspense up coming topics include: Reese, Jonathan, Dating, and anything else that pops into my mind.

Reese story time: Reese is definatley showing her personality. In the mornings I pick out her outfit and lay it out for her. The I will leave the room to go get something. I come back and she is attempting to get undressed and redresed all by her sefl. Most of the time she is pretty sucessful except for a few cases of backwards pants or arms through the neck holes. But she only wants help if she asks for it. And she's pretty good at asking for it if she needs it. But I do see mine and Jonathan's stubborness coming out sometimes and that's a little scary.

No comments: